At some time or another, I’m sure we’ve all heard some pretty amazing God stories. You know the ones: someone goes on mission trip or participates in a special event in the inner city. Ordinary people find themselves involved in extraordinary encounters which can only be explained by the power of a loving, Almighty God. We are stunned and a bit in awe. It’s easy to listen to these stories with a bit of envy and think, “Well, that’s great for them, but nothing amazing like that ever happens to me.”
But what if it could?
Recently at my church we heard some fantastic God stories from Honduras. What did Jessica do that was so utterly amazing? She said Yes to God’s invitation. Inexplicably prepared by a lifetime of difficult situations, she simply showed up with a willing heart, and then God pretty much took it from there. People’s physical, emotional, and eternal healths were waiting to be transformed, just on the other side of one little Yes.
It’s easy to let fear and circumstances keep us from going deeper in our walk with God:
- What if it’s dangerous?
- What if I don’t know what to do?
- What if I say the wrong thing?
But what if instead of asking those questions, we asked different ones:
- What if God has been preparing me my whole life for this moment?
- What if I am exactly the right person for this specific situation?
- What if God has bigger things in store for me than I ever dreamed?
When I was a very chubby girl, I used to look at lean, healthy people with envy, feeling that somehow something good like that would never, ever happen to me.
Only one day it did. The transformation began when I dared to believe it was possible, then took the necessary steps to change. It took a Yes.
So I ask you, What If?
- What if you embraced the thought that there are God stories inside you, eager to be written?
- What if you dared to believe that God has perfectly equipped you for the mission at hand?
- What if all those God stories are right there, waiting, just on the other side of one little Yes?
What If Jesus said, “Come, follow Me”…and you simply said YES???
Photo credit – https://georgecouros.ca/blog/archives/4228